THERE’S just no stopping top Donegal chef Martin Anderson!For today it was more of a ‘Come Climb With Me’ as the leading cook served food at the top of Mount Errigal.And it was, of course, all for a good cause. The idea was to raise funds for those great people at the Donegal Mountain Rescue Team.And thanks to Martin’s culinary genius, the volunteers of the DMRT are €700 better off.The stew, we are told, was scrumptious.And the weather wasn’t bad either. Said Martin: “I just want to say thanks to everyone for climbing and the white collar boxers too that came up to support me.“I served 100 meals up there and it was fantastic and a great way to raise money for the superb people at the mountain rescue team. Around 200 people did the climb which was fantastic.“And we had such a great day for it.”COME CLIMB WITH ME! CHEF MARTIN SERVES UP A TREAT ON TOP OF ERRIGAL was last modified: April 15th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:COME CLIMB WITH ME! CHEF MARTIN SERVES UP A TREAT ON TOP OF ERRIGAL
Berry Tramel wrote a good piece in the Oklahoman today about how it’s a strange world to live in where Oklahoma State has legitimate defensive line depth. This is true, but it’s also been sort of true for the last few years. I remember writing for let’s say the past three that 1998 me would have his jaw drop at some of the defensive tackles OSU has these days.I’ve written about how I think the defensive end position could be an issue, but what I’m starting to realize is that the defensive tackle might make up for that and depth might cover up a multitude of inexperience.“[The defensive end position has] got to sort itself out,” said defensive line coach Joe Bob Clements on Tuesday. “We’ve got a lot of guys competing right now. Probably five guys stand out right now, between Trey Carter, Jarrell Owens, Jordan Brailford, Cole Walterscheid and Tralund Webber so it’s got to sort itself out. There are some guys to choose from, but we’re going to need some guys to step up to help us win on Saturdays.”It’s nice to have options though, and OSU will seemingly roll deep at the DE slots. And like I said, the interior on defense is going to be the stronghold anyway.“I think Vincent’s doing a good job of being a leader for us,” added Clements. “I think (Motekai) Maile is doing a good job. Leadership is two-fold. You’ve got to lead from the front, and you’ve also got to lead from behind. We’ve got to get some young guys to do that also.”Mike Gundy also mentioned the defensive tackles last week at fan appreciation day.“Well, they work together, along with the linebackers,” said Gundy. “They’re all kind of running the same role. Fortunately, this year, we’re legitimately two deep at the tackle spot where we feel like we can roll those guys in. That’s a nice addition for us, something we haven’t had the last several years. Between those inside players and the backers, hopefully they can help us bring those ends along.“I think Joe Bob (Clements) has done a really good job recruiting, and he’s evaluated. Rob Glass has developed players, and we’ve had some good luck in keeping them around … We should have a pretty good run for quite a while. We have some younger guys that may not show it this year, but can play. I think it’s just based on being able to identify the players that come into the program that we can develop and them staying with us.”So the future looks good, but so does the present at defensive tackle. Taylor is obviously a freak. Vili Leveni is back. DeQuinton Osborne will help. We will look more closely at this position in the coming weeks, but for now I’m pretty encouraged.“We could be [deeper on defense this year],” said Gundy. “We need to develop another corner to make me feel a little better, but in the front seven, we have guys that by midseason could give us quality playing time in conference play. We have key positions that we need players to stay healthy, like always, but if we’re fortunate we could be deeper on defense by midseason.” While you’re here, we’d like you to consider subscribing to Pistols Firing and becoming a PFB+ member. It’s a big ask from us to you, but it also comes with a load of benefits like ad-free browsing (ads stink!), access to our premium room in The Chamber and monthly giveaways.The other thing it does is help stabilize our business into the future. As it turns out, sending folks on the road to cover games and provide 24/7 Pokes coverage like the excellent article you just read costs money. Because of our subscribers, we’ve been able to improve our work and provide the best OSU news and community anywhere online. Help us keep that up.
Like us on Facebook Preliminary work has started on the construction of a new bridge in the community of Kintyre, Eastern St. Andrew. It will replace the structure that was destroyed during the passage of Hurricane Sandy on October 24. State Minister for Transport, Works and Housing, Richard Azan, toured the area on Thursday, where work is underway on a detour road, in the vicinity of the old bridge, which will maintain access for motorists and pedestrians, during the construction phase. “We are going to remove this (destroyed) structure we have here now, so we have to put in a detour road…before we can start the actual (bridge) work here,” Mr. Azan said. The Kintyre bridge is the central route used by residents of Hope Flats, Cosmo Mews, Clarke Street, St. Joseph’s Road, Bedward Pastures and surrounding areas, to get in and out of their areas. A budget of $100 million has been set aside to carry out the work. Of the total, $65 million will be used for the installation of the new bridge, and the remaining $35 million will be spent for river training and associated roadway works. Mr. Azan said that the overall construction process is expected to be completed within six months. Member of Parliament for St. Andrew Eastern, Andre Hylton, who was also on the tour, said he is “very pleased” that the work has started. He commended all the relevant stakeholders for listening to the cries of the residents and ensuring that they will have a satisfactory structure and access to their communities. “As you know, this bridge joins Kintyre with Tavern and people in Kintyre, when there is no way of getting their produce out, their children out, their sick out to the hospitals etcetera, it is very difficult, so this is a very essential bridge and we are very happy that work has in fact started,” he said.