Limerick Post Show | Careers & Health Sciences Event for TY Students Print WhatsApp NewsHealthChildren’s mental health services under reviewBy Bernie English – April 15, 2019 913 Advertisement Twitter Tom Neville TDMENTAL health services for children which normally operate round the clock at University Hospital Limerick have been suspended to accommodate a review of the service.In response to a Dáil question from Limerick Fine Gael TD Tom Neville, Minister of State Jim Daly said the review was being carried out because only 14 patients used the service in the whole of last year.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up “We have to look at our resources and see if that is the best use of them and we are engaging with consultants as well as patients, their families and the HSE,” he explained.“We need to see that we are deploying our resources in the most appropriate manner when the demand is clearly not there when just 14 patients presented for treatment.”The HSE issued a statement to the Limerick Leader newspaper assuring patients and families that while the service is under review, children under the age of 14 who present outside normal working hours are still being seen, either by a paediatric consultant psychiatrist if there is one available or by another suitable doctor in the emergency department.While the matter is still under review, the HSE says it hopes to be able to produce a final plan shortly.In the meantime, paediatric patients in need of mental health services are still being seen as normal during the day. Email Mental Health Charity Let’s Get Talking open new outreach in Midwest Green Ribbon Month aims to help end stigma and discrimination about mental health Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Linkedin Previous articleLimerick Council pledges to take action on mental healthNext articleLimerick Businessman Awarded Prestigious All-Ireland Business Award Bernie Englishhttp://www.limerickpost.ieBernie English has been working as a journalist in national and local media for more than thirty years. She worked as a staff journalist with the Irish Press and Evening Press before moving to Clare. She has worked as a freelance for all of the national newspaper titles and a staff journalist in Limerick, helping to launch the Limerick edition of The Evening Echo. Bernie was involved in the launch of The Clare People where she was responsible for business and industry news. TAGShealthLimerick City and CountyMental HealthNews Housing 37 Compulsory Purchase Orders issued as council takes action on derelict sites Limerick Post Show | Limerick Mental Health Karen seeks mental health support for cancer patients
The Department of Health and Social Care is buying the land in east London for £77 million.Barts Health NHS Trust had previously announced the plans to develop the under-used land, which includes the former outpatients department and dental hospital.Predicted benefits of the planned development include: The trust is also looking to confirm plans for 168 homes for NHS staff through a planning consent agreement with a neighbouring development.Health Minister James O’Shaughnessy said: new treatments being available to patients faster the creation of thousands of jobs attracting an estimated £11 billion of outside investment to the borough This innovative project has unlocked surplus NHS land and allows us to unleash a major life sciences investment into east London. The project won’t just allow researchers and entrepreneurs to benefit. It will help NHS patients access new diagnostics and treatments more quickly and 168 homes for NHS staff will also be provided.
Wara village in North Luwu regency, South Sulawesi has reportedly been inundated for two months as a reservoir in the neighborhood was damaged by a flash flood on July 13. “An embankment located in neighboring Lembang-Lembang village was broken, causing an inundation up to 1 meter high in our village,” Wara village head Basruddin said on Monday.The situation has further isolated the village from the rest of North Luwu regency.Read also: Floods in North Sumatra force hundreds from their homesResidents of Wara can only reach other areas by riding a motorboat to get staple food and clean water, among other essentials. They have to pay Rp 10,000 (67 US cents) for a motorboat ticket. The residents hope the authorities will soon help them with the flooding, as well as distribute food and medicines to the village.“Some volunteers sent us aid, but we are running out of it. We cannot carry out any activities in the village [to fulfill our daily needs] due to the prolonged inundation,” Basruddin added, as reported by kompas.com. (vny)Topics :
April 14, 2020 Pennsylvania Businesses to Benefit from Waiver for Prepayments of Sales Tax Economy, Press Release As part of the effort to help businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Tom Wolf today announced businesses that collect Pennsylvania sales tax will not have to make Accelerated Sales Tax (AST) prepayments over the next three months. That means businesses that normally have a monthly prepayment requirement will not be charged penalties for missing the prepayment deadline during this three-month period.“The spread of COVID-19 has put a tremendous strain on many businesses throughout the commonwealth that collect Pennsylvania sales tax,” Governor Wolf said. “Waiving this prepayment requirement will provide support to our businesses at a time when they are doing their part to help us prevent the spread of the virus.”Under normal circumstances, certain business taxpayers are required to make monthly sales tax prepayments to the commonwealth if their actual tax liability is more than $25,000 during the third quarter of the preceding year. The Department of Revenue is waiving the prepayment requirement in April, May and June of 2020 to help business owners with cash flow during the COVID-19 pandemic.“We will continue to work with Governor Wolf and members of his administration to consider other steps that we can take to help the business community,” Revenue Secretary Dan Hassell said. “It’s important that we do everything that we can to help businesses during this unprecedented health crisis.”Under this new scenario, the department is asking businesses to simply remit the sales tax that they collected during the prior month. The due dates to remit sales tax will be April 20, May 20 and June 22, which follows the standard due dates for monthly filers who have no prepayment requirement.Visit the Department of Revenue’s page on Accelerated Sales Tax Prepayments for more information on prepayments.All businesses are encouraged to remit online using e-TIDES, the department’s online tax system for businesses. Find the REV-819 on the department’s website for a schedule of return and prepayment due dates.Taxpayer Service and AssistanceIn addition to the waiver of Accelerated Sales Tax prepayments, the Department of Revenue also has:Extended the deadline to file state personal income tax returns by 90 days. The new deadline of July 15, 2020 is the same as the new federal deadline.Extended the deadline to file informational returns related to PA S corporations, partnerships, and estates and trusts to July 15, 2020.Extended the due date for corporations with tax returns due in May to August 14, 2020.With the department’s call centers closed to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, taxpayers seeking assistance are encouraged to use the department’s Online Customer Service Center, available at revenue-pa.custhelp.com. You can use this resource to electronically submit a question to a department representative. The department representative will be able to respond through a secure, electronic process that is similar to receiving an email. Additionally, the Online Customer Service Center includes thousands of answers to common tax-related questions.Find Alerts From Revenue OnlineTaxpayers and tax professionals are encouraged to visit the Department of Revenue’s COVID-19 information page on www.revenue.pa.gov for additional guidance and updates on department operations. You can also visit the department’s pages on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn for real time updates.Visit the commonwealth’s Responding to COVID-19 guide for the latest guidance and resources for Pennsylvanians or the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s dedicated coronavirus webpage for the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19.View this information in Spanish. SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Promoted Content6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesHere Are The Top 10 Tiniest Mobile Phones On The Planet!7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread ArtDid You Know There’s A Black Hole In The Milky Way?Best & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s HystericalThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?8 Amazing Facts About Ancient EgyptWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World? Jorge Messi and Bartomeu’s meeting reportedly lasted around 90 minutes and ended in with no real conclusion, though the club president asked Jorge to ask his son to reconsider. Now TyC Sport reports that there is a “90 per cent chance that Messi will stay at Barcelona” with a definitive decision expected today. Lionel Messi could now stay at Barcelona, according to various reports in Argentina, after his father met with club president Josep Maria Bartomeu. Messi’s father Jorge, who is also his agent, met with Bartomeu on Wednesday after his son last month told the club of his intention to leave on a free this summer after activating a clause in his contract. Barcelona disputed the claim, saying the specific clause expired on June 10 despite the delays to the season, a position then backed by LaLiga, meaning paying his €700million (£632m) release clause is the only way to trigger a transfer.Advertisement Loading… They suggest this is a new development following showdown talks between the player’s father and agent Jorge and Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu.The Argentine outlet added: “Messi is seriously evaluating staying in Barcelona until 2021 and leaving through the front door at the end of his contract.”Interestingly, the latest turn in the Messi transfer saga comes as a shock after his father said it was “difficult” for him to stay.Read Also:Barcelona board at war over Lionel Messi sale, asking price“The future at Barça, difficult, difficult. It’s difficult for Leo to stay,” he revealed.Jorge also said he had not spoken to Pep Guardiola about a switch to the Premier League.When asked if Man City is a good option, he said: “I don’t know, there is nothing. I didn’t talk to Pep.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享