Mojo barking mad at breeder’s insult

first_imgTwitter Print Advertisement WhatsApp Linkedin NewsLocal NewsMojo barking mad at breeder’s insultBy admin – September 10, 2009 789 center_img Facebook Previous articleCois Fharraige 2009 Win TicketsNext article‘Feuds brought to Elm Park’ – claim admin Local dog deemed not ‘worthy’ enoughMOJO, a winner at the recent Limerick Dog Show, was not considered ‘worthy’ enough by a county Antrim owner for breeding purposes. The owner of the Newfoundland dog was recently looking for a mate for her pet, but felt insulted when told that there were no dogs of that variety worthy of breeding in the Limerick region.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Mojo was purchased by his owner in Pallasgreen, and the Canadian Newfoundland breed was entered in numerous competitions, in which he often took first place.The animal was ‘top dog’ in a large breed category at this year’s Limerick Show in Patrickswell, and it was there that the pet owner met a dog groomer who told her that her 10-month-old pup could be a contender for championship shows.This prompted the owner, who also has a German Shepherd, to consider breeding the dog, and she and her husband began looking for a suitable mate. They got in touch with a breeder in Antrim.This breeder, who had previously entered dogs in Crufts, said a mate could not be provided as there were no Newfoundlands worthy of breeding from Limerick, and that it would be a waste of time to enter the dog in any competitions in other parts of the country where “the standard would be much higher”. The Limerick Post contacted Limerick Animal Sanctuary to find out if there was any foundation in this woman’s claims, and spokesperson Anne Kelly told us: “This is a totally unfounded claim, and there is no way she could know this to be true.“If the owner of the dog is still interested in breeding him, she should contact The Kennel Club to point her in the right direction, but this is a very weighty decision to make and shouldn’t be jumped into.“It’s generally not the best scenario to stud family pets as they change their behaviour. Also, Newfoundlands are quite costly to buy and tend to have large litters of puppies, so this may not be the best economic climate for it”. Newfoundlands are costly to buy. Emaillast_img read more

Public urged to keep am eye on their neighbours

first_img WhatsApp Facebook Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Twitter Google+ Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Pinterest Google+ Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Facebook News Pinterestcenter_img Public urged to keep am eye on their neighbours By News Highland – December 15, 2009 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Previous articleGarda McLoughlins remains return homeNext articleResidential planning permissions down by almost half News Highland 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Donegal’s Crime Prevention Officer has urged people to keep an eye on their neighbours in the run up to Christmas to help avoid crime.There have been a number of reports of people, particularly the elderly, being targeted by callers to their homes pretending to offer a product or a service in an effort to gain entry to their homes.Sergeant Paul Wallace says one of the best ways for to combat this type of crime is for members of the community to keep an eye on each other a report suspicious activity to the gardai: [podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/paul.mp3[podcast] WhatsApp Twitterlast_img read more

Governor Holcomb extends the Indiana stay-at-home order for two more weeks

first_imgCoronavirusIndianaLocalNewsSouth Bend Market By Tommie Lee – April 3, 2020 3 1614 Pinterest WhatsApp (Photo supplied/State Of Indiana) Governor Eric Holcomb, delivering his 4th annual State of the State address on Jan. 14, 2020. Governor Holcomb wants Hoosiers to continue to hunker down.Friday afternoon, Holcomb said he’s extending the stay-at-home order for residents and non-essential businesses by another two weeks.That takes Indiana’s order to April 20.This is one of the latest steps the state government has taken to attempt to fight the potential spread of COVID-19.The governor also extended the state’s public health emergency order for another 30 days. WhatsApp Google+ Previous articleIndiana’s COVID-19 peak expected to be April 19Next articleMichigan reports another 1900+ positive cases on Friday Tommie Lee Facebook Facebook Twitter Governor Holcomb extends the Indiana stay-at-home order for two more weeks Twitter Google+ Pinterestlast_img read more

China reports record number of imported coronavirus cases

first_imgTopics : The commission did not say where the cases were believed to have originated but provincial authorities said some of the travellers had been in Britain, the United States and Spain.No symptomsThe new imported case in Tianjin, a city of 11 million people, was a 23-year old woman studying in London who travelled home via Zurich, Tokyo and Beijing, the Xinhua state news agency said.The northeastern city of Shenyang said a traveller arriving from London, via Seoul, was its first imported case. It said the traveller did not show any fever or respiratory tract symptoms after arriving at Shenyang’s airport on March 16.The Yale School of Public Health said in a study many overseas outbreaks were caused by travellers from China who were pre-symptomatic and therefore not screened or isolated.To limit the possibility of asymptomatic patients returning to spread the disease, authorities in a growing number of Chinese regions are making travellers coming back from any of 24 countries badly hit by outbreaks spend 14 days in isolation, either at home or at designated venue.President Xi Jinping warned on Wednesday that China must not allow the improving trend of containment of the virus be reversed.Wuhan, capital of the central province of Hubei and the epicenter of the outbreak, saw no new cases for a second day, the National Health Commission said.That brings the total number of confirmed cases in mainland China to 80,967. The death toll from the outbreak had reached 3,248 as of the end of Thursday, up by three from the previous day.Globally, 245,000 people have been infected and more than 10,000 have died.  Mainland China had 39 new confirmed cases on Thursday, the National Health Commission said, all of them imported.Of the new imported infections, 14 were found in Guangdong, eight in Shanghai and six in Beijing, the health authority said in a statement.Big transport hubs like the capital, Shanghai, Guangdong, including the city Shenzhen, near Hong Kong, have been the main points of entry for the infected travellers.But on Thursday, imported cases were also reported in the cities of Tianjin, Liaoning, Heilongjiang, Shandong and Gansu in the north, as well as in Zhejiang, Fujian, Guangxi, Sichuan, bringing the total number of imported infections in China to 228.center_img China’s imported coronavirus cases have risen to a record level, according to data released on Friday, with infected travellers reaching ever more provinces adding to pressure on authorities to step up tough entry rules and health protocols.For a second day in a row, China found no domestically transmitted cases of the virus, which is believed to have emerged in a central province late last year, according to new daily figures on the disease, registered on Thursday.Now the focus is on guarding against cases arriving from abroad as the spread of the coronavirus in Europe and North America sparks a rush home by Chinese expatriates, many of them students, raising fears of a second wave of infections just as China brings its epidemic under control.last_img read more