Mojo barking mad at breeder’s insult

first_imgTwitter Print Advertisement WhatsApp Linkedin NewsLocal NewsMojo barking mad at breeder’s insultBy admin – September 10, 2009 789 center_img Facebook Previous articleCois Fharraige 2009 Win TicketsNext article‘Feuds brought to Elm Park’ – claim admin Local dog deemed not ‘worthy’ enoughMOJO, a winner at the recent Limerick Dog Show, was not considered ‘worthy’ enough by a county Antrim owner for breeding purposes. The owner of the Newfoundland dog was recently looking for a mate for her pet, but felt insulted when told that there were no dogs of that variety worthy of breeding in the Limerick region.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Mojo was purchased by his owner in Pallasgreen, and the Canadian Newfoundland breed was entered in numerous competitions, in which he often took first place.The animal was ‘top dog’ in a large breed category at this year’s Limerick Show in Patrickswell, and it was there that the pet owner met a dog groomer who told her that her 10-month-old pup could be a contender for championship shows.This prompted the owner, who also has a German Shepherd, to consider breeding the dog, and she and her husband began looking for a suitable mate. They got in touch with a breeder in Antrim.This breeder, who had previously entered dogs in Crufts, said a mate could not be provided as there were no Newfoundlands worthy of breeding from Limerick, and that it would be a waste of time to enter the dog in any competitions in other parts of the country where “the standard would be much higher”. The Limerick Post contacted Limerick Animal Sanctuary to find out if there was any foundation in this woman’s claims, and spokesperson Anne Kelly told us: “This is a totally unfounded claim, and there is no way she could know this to be true.“If the owner of the dog is still interested in breeding him, she should contact The Kennel Club to point her in the right direction, but this is a very weighty decision to make and shouldn’t be jumped into.“It’s generally not the best scenario to stud family pets as they change their behaviour. Also, Newfoundlands are quite costly to buy and tend to have large litters of puppies, so this may not be the best economic climate for it”. Newfoundlands are costly to buy. Emaillast_img read more

Donegal IFA express anger as government flip flops on 3rd level grants

first_img Google+ WhatsApp Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Facebook Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Facebook Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th WhatsApp Previous articleMcHugh back for Harps but four out suspendedNext articleImprisoned Donegal Republican John Downey ‘in good spirits’ News Highland 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHORcenter_img News By News Highland – June 6, 2013 Donegal IFA express anger as government flip flops on 3rd level grants Pinterest The Head of the IFA in Donegal has hit out at the Education Minister after he said plans to include farm or business assets in the means-test for third level grants are “still on the table”.This despite the new Junior Agriculture Minister Tom Hayes claiming the proposals had been “dropped”.But Minister Quinn has hit back at his new cabinet colleague – saying he will bring a memo to cabinet to include the assets from September of next year:[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/15quinGRANTS.mp3[/podcast]The Donegal IFA’s PJ McMonagle says that will have a huge impact on farming families and says at the very least, clarity on the situation is needed:[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/pj530GRANTS.mp3[/podcast] Twitter Pinterest 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Google+ Twitterlast_img read more

BREAKING – ‘Serious Allegations’ : Supreme Court Dismisses Appeals Of Maharashtra Govt, Anil Deshmukh Against CBI Enquiry On Param Bir Singh’s Allegations

first_imgTop StoriesBREAKING – ‘Serious Allegations’ : Supreme Court Dismisses Appeals Of Maharashtra Govt, Anil Deshmukh Against CBI Enquiry On Param Bir Singh’s Allegations Radhika Roy8 April 2021 3:41 AMShare This – xThe Supreme Court on Thursday dismissed the petitions filed by Maharashtra Government and its former Home Minister Anil Deshmukh challenging the Bombay High Court direction for CBI preliminary enquiry on the allegations raised by former Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh.A bench comprising Justices Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Hemant Gupta dismissed the petitions by observing :”Given…Your free access to Live Law has expiredTo read the article, get a premium account.Your Subscription Supports Independent JournalismSubscription starts from ₹ 599+GST (For 6 Months)View PlansPremium account gives you:Unlimited access to Live Law Archives, Weekly/Monthly Digest, Exclusive Notifications, Comments.Reading experience of Ad Free Version, Petition Copies, Judgement/Order Copies.Subscribe NowAlready a subscriber?LoginThe Supreme Court on Thursday dismissed the petitions filed by Maharashtra Government and its former Home Minister Anil Deshmukh challenging the Bombay High Court direction for CBI preliminary enquiry on the allegations raised by former Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh.A bench comprising Justices Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Hemant Gupta dismissed the petitions by observing :”Given the serious nature of allegations, and the personas involved, the matter do require an independent agency to investigate the matter. It is a matter of public confidence. We may also note that what has been ordered is only a preliminary enquiry. Therefore, we are no inclined to interfere with the impugned order”.”The two personas involved in the case were working together till they fell apart. Both of them were holding high positions. Certainly an independent investigation is needed”, Justice Kaul said during the hearing.”The nature of personas involved in the case, and the seriousness of the allegations, warrant a CBI investigation”, Justice Kaul added.”It is not an enemy of yours who has made the allegation. The man was almost your right hand”, the judge told Senior Advocate Dr Abhisehk Manu Singhvi, who was appearing for the Maharashtra Government.Singhvi submitted that the basis of the High Court order was that he was the Home Minister of the State. Now that he has resigned, investigation by an external agency is not needed, Singhvi submitted.At this point, Justice Hemant Gupta observed that as on the date of the High Court order, Deshmukh was the Home Minister.Singhvi also raised the point of federalism as a central agency is investigating a matter in state, despite the fact that the Maharashtra Government has revoked the general consent for CBI investigation.Justice Gupta: You don’t say that the allegations are false because you yourself have the Commissioner. Singhvi: This is a larger issue for the State. We were not allowed to file counter. #AnilDeshmukh #ParamBirSingh #SupremeCourt @DrAMSinghvi @KapilSibal @OfficeofUT— Live Law (@LiveLawIndia) April 8, 2021 Senior Advocate Kapil Sibal, appearing for Deshmukh, argued that the High Court order was erroneous as it was passed without hearing him. Parambir Singh’s letter is based on hearsay evidence, and he claims no direct knowledge of the allegations; therefore, the High Court ought to have heard Deshmukh before ordering CBI enquiry on the unsubstantiated allegations, Sibal argued.Observing that the High Court has ordered only a preliminary investigation, the SC bench asked Sibal what was the harm in that. Sibal replied that the High Court cannot order CBI investigation on the basis of documents which are not admissible in evidence, that too without hearing the affected party.Sibal said that he would not object to an investigation under the monitoring of the High Court or the Supreme Court, but does not want the CBI.”You cannot pick and choose the agency”, Justice Kaul responded.Sibal said that if investigations are allowed on such flimsy grounds, no democracy will be able to survive. He placed reliance on the Supreme Court judgment which refused to order investigation against Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the Sahara-Birla papers case on the ground that the documents were not admissible evidence.”I am vilified unheard. I had to resign. If I was given an opportunity to bring my version on record, this would not have happened”, Sibal said.When Justice Hemant Gupta asked if an accused has a right to be heard before registration of FIR, Sibal said that Deshmukh was not an accused in the case, and not even a suspect. Referring to the Sahara-Birla case, Sibal submitted that the law has to be uniform for all.”It will be a sad day in this country if your Lordships will uphold an order like this. Let me go to HC. But, an order like this cannot be passed behind my back”, Sibal pleaded.However, the bench was not persuaded by the arguments of Singhvi and Sibal and proceeded to dismiss the matter, upholding the High Court’s order.Deshmukh raised the following arguments to challenge the judgment passed by a division bench of Chief Justice Dipankar Dutta and Justice GS Kulkarni on April 5 : The order was passed without hearing Deshmukh. The ex-parte procedure adopted by the Court caused prejudice. The Court did not take into account the fact that Maharashtra Government has revoked the general consent given to CBI.The Court did not give an opportunity for the State Police Machinery to respond to the allegations. The Court did not take into account the fact that Param Bir Singh made the allegations immediately after he was removed from the post of Mumbai Police Commissioner. CBI enquiry is ordered under Article 226 in exceptional circumstances after the failure of state police is demonstrated. However, no opportunity was given to the State Police to deal with the matter. As per Supreme Court precedents, CBI investigation is ordered after the State Police investigates the matter at the first instance. Deshmukh takes objection to the fact that the High Court did not opt to follow the well settled procedure of ordering a court-monitored investigation by a Special Investigation Team constituted by it, instead of handing over the investigation to an agency “controlled by the Central Government”. It is also highlighted in the petition that Parambir Singh’s allegations are not substantiated and are motivated. Had the Court given an opportunity to him to respond, he could have demonstrated the falsity of the allegations, Deshmukh says in the plea. “The erstwhile Commissioner of police has referred to alleged conversations by others, which is pure hearsay, not produced any substantive evidence before Court, that can, in law, be relied upon, and without giving notice to the Petitioner, has handed over investigation to an agency which the State Government has least confidence in. If this principle were to be followed, and courts under Article 226 of the Constitution were to accept bald and motivated statements of this nature, made much after the alleged incidents, without any actionable evidence before Court, then the Petitioner believes that such processes may well be followed to destabilize governments”, the plea states. The Bombay High Court on Monday directed CBI to complete the preliminary enquiry within 15 days and decide the further course of action regarding the registration of FIR following that. Deshmukh resigned hours after the Bombay High Court’s Order. The High Court had held that an un-biased probe is required to “unearth the truth.”Mr. Param Bir Singh was represented by Mr. Mukul Rohatgi, Sr Adv. Mr. Vikram Nankani Sr. Adv, Mr. Utsav Trivedi Advocate and Mr. Abhinay, Advocate on Record.Next Storylast_img read more

TroyFest brings top artists and crafts to Pike County

first_img Morgan Drinkard, TroyFest publicity chair, said the juried arts and crafts show is held rain or shine.“Our hopes are that all of the rain will have moved out by festival time but the show will go on as planned,” she said.TroyFest will be from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Saturday and from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Sunday. Print Article Around the WebMd: Do This Immediately if You Have Diabetes (Watch)Blood Sugar BlasterIf You Have Ringing Ears Do This Immediately (Ends Tinnitus)Healthier LivingHave an Enlarged Prostate? Urologist Reveals: Do This Immediately (Watch)Healthier LivingWomen Only: Stretch This Muscle to Stop Bladder Leakage (Watch)Healthier LivingRemoving Moles & Skin Tags Has Never Been This EasyEssential HealthRemember Them? I’m Sure Their New Net Worth Will Leave You SpeechlessbradofoThe content you see here is paid for by the advertiser or content provider whose link you click on, and is recommended to you by Revcontent. As the leading platform for native advertising and content recommendation, Revcontent uses interest based targeting to select content that we think will be of particular interest to you. We encourage you to view your opt out options in Revcontent’s Privacy PolicyWant your content to appear on sites like this?Increase Your Engagement Now!Want to report this publisher’s content as misinformation?Submit a ReportGot it, thanks!Remove Content Link?Please choose a reason below:Fake NewsMisleadingNot InterestedOffensiveRepetitiveSubmitCancel Email the author TroyFest brings top artists and crafts to Pike County Book Nook to reopen This Video Will Soon Be Banned. Watch Before It’s… Remember America’s heroes on Memorial Day Published 3:00 am Saturday, April 18, 2015 Plans underway for historic Pike County celebration More than 70 artists and craftsmen are registered for the 13th annual TroyFest.Local artists are the backbone of the festival and many of them return year after year.Pike County glass artist Charles Adams has been with the Troy arts and crafts show since 1971 when it was the Jean Lake Festival.“This is the 13th year as TroyFest and, over the years, it has continued to be one of the best arts and crafts shows around,” Adams said. “The downtown location has worked really well. It brings a lot of people to the square and introduces them to all that downtown Troy as to offer. The annual student art exhibit is displayed at the Johnson Center during TroyFest and that’s a great addition to the festival.” By Jaine Treadwell You Might Like Local students act in ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ play Stephanie Bouyer (Cal), Jermaine Green (Reverend Sykes), and Claire-Ann Manning (Scout understudy) rehearse a scene in the Troy University Department… read more By Secrets Revealed Latest Stories Sponsored Content TroyFest 2015 promises to, once again, be one of the top rated arts and crafts festivals in South Alabama. Inset, Wesley Merrit’s original watercolor will be featured in this year’s TroyFest. It will be his first time to be featured in the festival. Merrit is from Indiana.SUBMITTED PHOTOTroyFest 2015 promises to, once again, be one of the top-rated arts and crafts festivals in the hinterlands of South Alabama.The annual juried arts and crafts show is set for April 25 and 26 on the square in downtown Troy. The show is held in memory of Troy folk artist Jean Lake.TroyFest will bring back many of the artists who have given the annual festival the outstanding reputation that it enjoys and will also welcome newcomers to the Troy arts and crafts festival. Adams said he looks forward to TroyFest each year because so many local people come out along with visitors to the city.“And we have so many good artists to participate,” he said. “A lot of the originals like John Warr and Bill Hill join new comers like Wesley Dallas Emerritt from Indiana. He is an incredible watercolorist. He does some of the most beautiful I’ve ever seen. His paintings are so real that it’s like you can reach out and touch them.”Drinkard said, too, that local artists continue to play a huge role in the success of the show.“Charles, of course, and folk artist Doug Hawkins, Dwight Ward with his birdhouses and Rex Thrash with his birdhouses and walking sticks are among those we count on being with us every year,” she said. “We are excited to have a large group of new artists at this year’s TroyFest. Suzan Buckner is a celebrated folk artist from Woodville. Dawn Preitz of Old River Run Pottery will be back. She has been with us before and people really love her pottery.“Kelly Olszyk, the Best of Show winner from last year’s TroyFest, will be here. Don Stewart, whose ballpoint pens drawings are as much fun as they are amazing, will be back in Troy.”Drinkard said TroyFest will feature a lot of jewelry, including that of noted jewelry artist Kristen Hughes.“Talmadge Butler will be back with his wood furniture and Robert McBroom will be here with his functional traditional crafts,” she said. “There are so many great artists and craftsmen coming. It will be a fun and exciting weekend.”The entertainment will be nonstop at the Gazebo on the square and on the festival stage.“At the Gazebo, we’ll feature acoustic music and, on stage, several groups from the Charles Henderson High School will perform on Saturday, including the jazz bands. Students in CHHS the drama department will perform several scenes from the production of “Band Geeks.”“On Sunday, the entertainment will be mainly gospel. First Baptist Church’s Celebration Choir will be on stage and In His Step will also perform.”The Kids’ Corner will be different this year in that all of the activities will be art related.“All of the activities will be arts and crafts and a lot of fun for the children,” Drinkard said. “The First Baptist Church Puppet Show will be special entertainment at the Kids Corner.”As always, TroyFest will include a food fest of all the traditional festival foods. From hotdogs to funnel cakes and from blooming onions to sweet tea, there will be something for every taste bud that comes around the square.“We have some great restaurants on the square that offer a wide variety of good things to eat,” Drinkard said. “Many of the shops will also be open. So, there will be a lot to do and see at TroyFest April 25 and 26. Admission is free and everyone is invited. Skip Troy falls to No. 13 Clemson Pike County Sheriff’s Office offering community child ID kitslast_img read more

The Final Word: Beat writers discuss Syracuse’s overtime loss to Pittsburgh

first_img Published on October 6, 2018 at 10:07 pm Syracuse (4-2, 1-2 Atlantic Coast) dropped its second-straight game, 44-37, in overtime to Pittsburgh (3-3, 2-1). The Orange, after going up by two touchdowns early in the first quarter, allowed a 27-3 run from the Panthers. SU came back to take the lead, but Dungey threw a pick in overtime to end the game.Listen to what our beat writers have to say about the game. Commentscenter_img Facebook Twitter Google+last_img